The 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) and Associated Meetings
The Ministry of Energy, Brunei Darussalam is pleased to host the 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (39th AMEM) and Its Associated Meetings that will be held on 13 – 16 September 2021.
The Meetings will be held under the chairmanship of Brunei Darussalam – with Brunei Darussalam’s theme of “We Care, We Prepare, We Prosper”, – and will have a series of discussion in pursuing the goal of energy security and energy transition that will benefit the people of ASEAN region.
|Day 1: Monday, 13 Sep:
- SOME Preparatory Meeting for the 39th AMEM
|Day 2: Tuesday, 14 Sep:
- AEBF 2021 Opening Ceremony (Parallel event)
- EAS ECTF Preparatory Meeting for the 15th EAS EMM
- SOME+3 Preparatory Meeting for the 18th AMEM+3
|Day 3: Wednesday, 15 Sep
- 39th AMEM
- LTMS Ministerial Meeting
- 5th AMEM-IRENA Dialogue
- 7th AMEM-IEA Dialogue
- 39th AMEM CEREMONIAL EVENTS (Adoption of JD and other deliverables)
|Day 4: Thursday, 16 Sep
Bandar Seri Begawan Joint Declaration on Energy Security and Energy Transition is expected to be released on 15 September 2021.
- ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) 2021, in conjunction with 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting, presents the most influential platform convening 10 ASEAN Energy Ministers and global energy leaders. To be held on 14-17 September 2021. Learn more at AEBF 2021.
- Ministers-CEOs Dialogue, 16:00 – 17:30 Brunei Darussalam Time | 16 September 2021
- The 1st ASEAN International Conference on Energy and Environment (1st AICEE), to be held on 15 September 2021. Through the conference, researchers will share their recent research on energy, climate change, and related issues, especially energy transition with resiliency in the post pandemic and climate change era. The event will also serve as the first scientific meeting for ASEAN Researchers Network on Energy and Climate Change (ARNECC).